Invite or add your family and friends to stay updated with any changes to Utah or Federal gun laws, be a part of discussions or ask questions. For the best interest of our members, we ask that everyone follow these rules which apply to our Facebook Group "Group" and Forums.
The Admins and Moderators have extensive knowledge of Utah and Federal gun laws.
We are NOT lawyers and we will NOT provide ANY legal advice. If you need legal advice we highly recommend contacting Mitch Vilos.
In order to keep our Group and Forums growing and to prevent conflicts, we have created some basic rules. We cannot think of everything so we reserve the right to create new rules or contact you on a case by case base. These rules were created to help limit the flaming and common disagreements that can occur on public Forums. They are also a way to ensure that we do not offend other users. Remember to keep it civil and be nice.
- As with any large groups of people, there will be disagreements. This is understandable, but we will not allow or tolerate ANY pornographic, obscene, lewd, lascivious, profanity, defamatory, offensive or violent language, statements or pictures, especially attacks on members which harass, insult, taunt, provoke, demean, threaten or personally attack other members, whether it was your intent or not. You can disagree but do it politely.
- Be friendly and treat all fellow members with respect, even if others are not. All opinions will be treated with mutual respect unless they violate these rules.
- We do not allow hateful or discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, political beliefs or discussion of illegal activity, that other members or Admins/Moderators deem inappropriate.
- Use proper grammar. Refrain from 'text-message' style substitutions of words like 'u' for 'you', and 'ur' for 'your'. There are many members in our Group and Forums who may be confused by abbreviations or use translation software if English is not their primary language.
- Linked and locked topics are pruned regularly to reduce page clutter. If you have a question about where your topic went, please contact us, an Admin or Moderator before starting a new or duplicate of the original topic. We will be happy to provide you with a link to the new location, or a reason why it was locked and/or removed.
- Any post, topic or comment encouraging members to do anything illegal such as carrying a concealed firearm illegally will be deleted.
- Members are only allowed one account. If your account is suspended or deleted you are not allowed to create another account. There is no need to have more than one. If multiple accounts are discovered they will be deleted!
- Members display names cannot be email addresses. This rule is in place to protect you from spambots who will pick up your email address and spam you.
- Members are allowed to add a signature to their account as long as it follows all Forum rules.
SUBMITTING A POST:
- Please post your questions or topics in the appropriate Forum.
- Posts which contain advertisements, affiliate commissions, coupon codes, promotions for training courses, concealed firearm permit classes, products or services are not permitted without the prior approval from an Admin and will be deleted. If you would like to advertise on our site, contact us.
- Posts which contain any item for free/sale/trade will be deleted. Visit https://utahgunsandgear.com to post firearm related listings.
- There is no such thing as a stupid question. Please understand that it was asked to receive the correct answer. Other users may not have the knowledge or experience that other users have. Everyone can always learn something new from others.
- We respect your privacy. If you wish to ask a question while also hiding your identity, for example, how the law affects you if you are convicted of a crime, you can submit a post anonymously by contacting us.
- Incorrect answers cause confusion. We try our best to ensure that an Admin or Moderator provides the first comment on every post approved in our Group or on each topic in the Forums to ensure it has the correct information. It is important as a member, that if you do not know the correct answer to a question, we ask that you please do not post a comment.
- If a member mentions you by name in a comment, please respond directly to that person on the same post. If the comment is a violation of these rules, please report it to an Admin or Moderator.
- Do not comment or draw attention to the fact that an Admin or Moderator has deleted a comment or topic if it was in violation of these rules. Please understand this is not to imply that we do not want you to be a member of our Group or Forum, it is simply to ensure these rules are being followed.
- Comments, statements or topics that are deliberately disruptive, meant to hijack or throw discussions off track, known as "trolling" are prohibited. These comments may be deleted at the discretion of the Admin or Moderator and if after being warned the abuse continues, the "troll" will be removed or banned from the Group and/or Forums.
- Members are allowed to add a picture to their account called an Avatar which is an easy way to identify a member.
- Members are allowed to add a signature to their account. Only one image is allowed in the signature. If you have more than one image you will be requested to remove one. If this is not done in a timely manner an Admin or Moderator has the right to modify your signature to abide by these rules.
- Members are allowed and encouraged to post pictures or animated images (gif's) as long as they follow all Group and/or Forum rules.
- Pictures that are considered inappropriate by an Admin or Moderator will be removed and you will be notified. If this problem continues you will risk having your account deleted.
- The posting of any copyrighted material is strictly prohibited. Use links to content rather than posting something in its entirety, unless you are the copyright holder or have permission from the copyright holder.
- Do not post direct links to executable files. Admins and Moderators may remove comments which contain posts with these links to protect our members from potentially malicious downloads.
- Members can post a link to the webpage that contains a file download but it may also be removed if an Admin or Moderator finds that the web page content could be harmful or if the web page link is spam.
- Posting links in order to generate affiliate commissions is not permitted. Any posts or comments that are deemed to be posted in order to generate affiliate commissions, regardless of the product being promoted, will be deleted. If a member continues to create affiliate SPAM posts, they will be banned from the Group and/or Forums.
VIOLATING GROUP/FORUM RULES:
- Violation of any of these rules can result in having your comment(s) deleted, being removed and/or banned from our Group and/or the Forum. Consequences will be determined by the Admins and Moderators on a case by case basis.
- If you observe a member breaking a rule or behaving in a questionable fashion, do not try to deal with it yourself. Please contact an Admin or Moderator.
- When submitting a post or topic, commenting on or replying to, any post or topic, you agree that the Admins and Moderators have the right to modify, delete, edit or close any post, comment, topic, signature, account, or profile data at any time which violates these rules.
- If you have any questions concerning this, please do not start a new thread, but rather contact us, an administrator or moderator.
Although the Admins and Moderators attempt to keep all objectionable content off the Group and Forums, it is impossible for us to review all content. All posts, topics, comments and member content express the views of the author who posted it and DOES NOT express the views of the owners of Utah Carry Laws, affiliates, advertisers, Admin, Moderator, other members or anyone else with a particular relationship with our Group or this website.
All information provided by an Admin, Moderator or other member is to be used at your own risk. By being a member of our Group or Forums, or using any information obtained in our Group or Forum, you give up the right to hold utahcarrylaws.com and its owners, partners, or any other person affiliated with our Group or this website which includes the Admins and Moderators, and any other member, liable for any damages, theft, criminal charges, civil damages, court costs, lawyer fees, etc. See more in our Terms of Service.
If you are interested in being an admin or moderator, or if you have any questions, comments or concerns about these rules, please contact us and let us know.